Latest Dating Tips
Possibly Maybe is committed to bringing you the most current, valuable dating advice each week. On this page you'll find articles on things like the latest dating trends, date conversation starters, or even advice on acceptable behaviour on a first date.
Happiness & You
Fri, 08 Jul 2011
If you look up happiness in the dictionary it says it is "the quality or state of being happy" and "good fortune, pleasure, contentment, joy" but how many of you on a daily basis are genuinely happy, have contentment or joy? I am certainly guilty of having bad days and feeling un happy myself. This article certainly isn't written to provide a magic formula of happiness or give you sure ways to find happiness, it is written though to remind you from a positive perspective small things we can do in our daily lives to try to give us more joy or happiness (or even to help to be more content).
I certainly don't believe that anybody has the real answer or tips on how to truly be happy all the time (I did see the Dalai lama the other day though and he would be close!) however I believe in the spirit of always learning lessons from life & sharing experiences with one another to enrich our own lives & others so here are my own tips on what I feel could help with happiness.
Remembering I am no expert, let's begin (the below is in no particular order)
1. Remember who you are, & don't ever let other people's opinions of you influence who you are. I think no matter who you are in life someone is always going to have something negative to say about you (unfortunately). If it's negative, bitchy, rude or worse, just ignore it and give no time or energy towards the people saying it. Hard to do this one but believe me when I say your life will be much richer by doing just this one tip alone!
2. Surround yourself with positive friends. Ever since I was younger my brother used to say to me ‘you are the friends you keep', and it's the one piece of advice I pass on to others today. If you are going to have negative friends, bitchy friends, drop kick friends, rude friends, (the list goes on) you're going to feel more miserable than happy most of the time as there is nothing uplifting or joyful about them. Seek out people who bring the best out in you, are positive and genuinely care for you (of course you need to be the same back to them) and you'll find you will be a lot more content in your friendships and self in general.
3. Have goals & never lose site of them. Goals don't make you happy by themselves of course, but having goals in your life should be making you work towards what you want and achieving goals give you a feeling of accomplishment.
4. Respect yourself & others always. So simple to say hard to live by but I suppose with this one it can also be said as treat others how you wish to be treated.
5.Exercise! I swear I can hear the collective moans at this word but there is no high like an endorphine high after a really great work out. Excercise keeps your mind & body healthy and is one of the easiest ways to keep the right chemicals in your body that naturally make you happy - its a win win!
6. Change or get out of bad situations as soon as possible, don't wait for a bad situation to get worse! If something or someone is clearly nothing but negative in your life then get rid of it and waste no time in doing so. Nothing will make you feel unhappy faster than someone/something being a constant negative. The sooner your not having to worry about things in your life that aren't even worse stressing about the more time you'll have to focus on the good & positive things.
As i said before, I'm not expert but we all live and love through experiences and this is what I've found to help me be more happy in my own life so I hope it can apply to you in some way.
Yours in Peace & love xxx